Roger Slideshow

Friday, February 29, 2008

The chemo officially stops dripping tomorrow, but the doctors have decided to keep Dad in the hospital at least until Monday. They want to be sure his condition is stable, and to run some additional labs.

Thank you all for your prayers and comments, emails and calls. It has been a moving experience for Mom and Dad--and for us kids as well--to see how our family and community have rallied in support of Dad during this time.

More details tomorrow. Today was a better day for Dad, largely because the pain meds had been increased. But Dad's main physician, Dr. Stadtmauer stopped by and said that Dad was looking better than he has in a week, and suggested that it may well be that the chemo is doing something good. Peace.

7 comments:

dr penny said...

roger i am sad to miss the chance to be with you for even a few minutes. john and i want to still come and pray for you for 5 min. we will call when you are settled at home. thanks for calling the other day.....those minutes meant a lot to me. i love you both.

Anonymous said...

Roger and Karen, we are praying for you all. We are grateful for your love and leadership. Rest in the arms of our Creator, for He Will hold you close!! He will use this time to speak to you more loudly. Wayne and I Trust Him to heal and comfort you all. Fisher's are coming soon! Love, Eileen

Dan said...

please know that you are on our hearts and in our prayers

Dan & Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hi Everybody,

I'm so glad to hear that Uncle Roger is feeling better and will be going home soon. I hope that you are all feeling like the stress level has gone down. I love you all and I hope that you will let me know if there's anything that I can do for you.

Love, Mehera

An Ami in Berlin said...

Dearest Roget and Pooh,

How gald I am to have an update. As I sat praying for you this morning, I had decided to write Cara a nagging letter for news, and then when I turned on the computer, here was this link. Hurray! More prayer fodder. Know that you are deeply loved. I especially enjoyed the description of Roger's hospital room--can you send me a cyber carrot please, or maybe some cheese and crackers? Much love

Cognitive Dissonance said...

Our thoughts and our prayers are with the whole Clark family.

Keep the posts coming.

Eric

Unknown said...

hey, just found your web site today, thanks, kids, for taking the time to keep us up to date.

roger, you're in my thoughts and prayers, love and miss you.
judi