Roger Slideshow

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday Night Prayer Requests

Today was a bit rougher for Dad. He was feeling still more pain in his back and was running a fever. The doctors have upped the dosage of the painkillers, both oxycontin and oxycondone. Both Dad and the doctors at this point believe that the pain is due to the growth of tumors in his back.

Please pray

  • that the tumors' advance would be halted by the chemo, and that the doctors would have wisdom in treating this latest activity of the myeloma.
  • that Mom would be able to keep Dad hydrated. He has been so drowsy and weak that she has had a hard time keeping him drinking.
  • that his glucose levels would normalize.
  • for Dad's spirits, that the Lord would give him peace and courage.
Today Mom and Dad received a card from Connie Stonehouse (Susie's mom) who said that the hymn "How Firm a Foundation" has been especially meaningful to her during difficult times. Mom quoted from this song during our call:

How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent word!
What more can He say than to you He hath said—
To you who for refuge to Jesus have fled?

Fear not, I am with thee, oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God, and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by My gracious, omnipotent hand.

When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow;
For I will be with thee thy trouble to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.

When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all-sufficient, shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not harm thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.

The soul that on Jesus doth lean for repose,
I will not, I will not, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake.
    <>

5 comments:

words and streets said...

Praying for mercy upon mercy. We shout out to you Lord! much love, allie s.

Anonymous said...

Dear Clark family,
Thank you for starting this blog. It is very helpful to know how to pray.
You are in our thoughts and prayers so often. May the Lord give you a peace that passes all understanding during this time.
Much love,
Sarah S.

World Harvest Mission said...

Dear Clarks -- I'm so glad to know about this blog. Now I can stop pestering others for news/updates :).

I pray "that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith."

On Christ the solid rock [we] stand!

Much love,
Liz

Katie Stewart, MSPH said...

Dear Roger & Karen, As allie said, am praying for mercy. Love that you are getting the frozen stuff from Whole Foods - I eat that all the time.
Thanks for sharing the hymn...
with heartfelt love, Katie

Mia said...

Hello Dear Clarks!

David and I are so thankful to know more of the latest so that we can keep our prayers specific and walk with you (from a distance) through this journey. Praying for your daily encouragement, strength and peace. With much love, David and Mia Littlejohn